INGREDIENT OF THE MONTH
Fight the Signs of Ageing
CoQ10, also known as Co-enzyme Q10, is a naturally occurring and abundant enzyme found in every cell of the human body.
This precious nutrient plays key roles in various physiological functions including energy production, neutralising reactive oxygen species, and cellular regeneration.
CoQ10 levels decrease as you get older. Indeed, most women over thirty have below optimum levels of CoQ10 in the skin. The lack of CoQ10 results in an impeded ability to produce collagen and elastin. Collagen is important because it makes your skin firm, while elastin gives your skin flexibility. The loss of collagen and elastin causes your skin to wrinkle and sag.
CoQ10 also helps the skin by acting as a strong antioxidant. It helps to neutralize the harmful free radicals that are one of the major causes of aging. Thus, the age-related decline in CoQ10 also your skin is more prone to damage by free radicals.
CoQ10 can effectively help fight the signs of aging. The CoQ10 in the treatment can penetrate deeply to provide antioxidants and help create collagen and elastin.
Top 5 benefits of Co-Enzyme Q10:
- It energizes your skin. Young skin has ample amounts of CoQ10 and so has lots of energy – energy needed to repair damage and make sure the skin cells are healthy.
- It protects against photo-ageing – that means premature aging due to over exposing the skin to the sun.
- It rejuvenates skin by stimulating skin cell activity. Active skin cells get rid of toxins easily and can make better use of nutrients. When your skin ages, all these processes slow down, causing dull and sallow, wrinkled skin. Boost your skin cell activity for younger looking skin with CoQ10.
- It stimulates collagen production. Collagen is the protein that decreases as we age, leading to wrinkles and leathery skin. Helping you make more collagen, CoQ10 is a skin saving essential.
- It is a potent anti-oxidant that acts against oxidative damage. This damage is done by, for example: UV rays of the sun, pollution, toxins, and stress. And this damage all leads to one thing: premature aging that shows up on the skin. Anti-oxidants like CoQ10 are the answer and have a critical role to play in both the body and the skin.
At Karpati Skin Clinic, we have included 2 hero products containing CoQ10 into our range. They are the Co-Enzyme Q10 1st Wrinkle Cream and the Q10 Nourishing Oil , which is part of the newly launched Karpati Private Formula range.
Our tip? Mix a few drops of the Q10 Nourishing Oil into your cream or serum for an added oomph of Q10 goodness.
xx With Love